Monday, January 29, 2007

Living Room PCs Will Take Off???

Usability News - Living Room PCs are not going to Take Off, argues Ovum

Well - there you go! While I do agree that a PC is generally too complex to just becoming another appliance, I beg to difer greatly in opinions about this article. Just this saturday night I argued tha case that if we could somehow come up with somthing that has my current Media Centers capabilities, bundled with Apples cool design and usability practices and then priced a bit lower than what Apple does historically, we'd be sure to have a hit. If you can even build it all into a TV set even better. Like the iMac. I guess that the iPhone will also turn the mobile phone market upside down. Precisely because they know how to create contextual aware software and wrap it into some real nice packaging. Therefore: Living Room PC's will take of - provided they are done right!

No comments: