Friday, February 15, 2013
One iPhone/iPad feature I actually love
I am not a huge Apple fan (as those you know me will testify). Primarily because I don't like the locked in approach which makes Apple decide everything for me, and the fact that it feels like you're signing up for an occult sect of some kind when you join the Apple bandwagon. And because everyone (or at least members of the sect) says that Apple is the most user friendly phone out there. It is this last part that really gets me. It's *not* the most user friendly phone out there. It was very user friendly when the first one launched, mostly because it was the first actual context aware device. But that's just not the case anymore; all the competitors are just as good now; some are even better! But Apple does have one feature that I love: The "reader" button in the browser - for an old man like me who normally use my phone (apart from the obvious phoning and texting) for reading online news of various kinds when I have 2 minutes of spare time away from my computer, it is just bliss to be able to get an online article in a font size that doesn't hurt my eyes. Well done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment